Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Prayers

Hello Reader



Well for those who don't know Me(if you are not among my college or school folks). I am just another decent guy with lots of weird thinking and ambition in his mind.
This is Om Sao. A 23 yr Male from Hyderabad, India. Working
in Oracle India Development Centre as Application Developer. NIT-Tiruchirappalli B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering 2005-09 Batch. I don't think I am a good writer and giving reading it a go from my side to you is a better friendly suggestion. But yes, you can start off if you have nothing to do... Wait Wait.... What am I writing ?? I just looked on my wallclock it's 1:05AM (Just Now I yawned, feeling drowsy thinking about it's best time to hit the bed, sorry only bedding(no bed) I have in floor :) )
Well, as I am typing my thoughts on the fly.. So it's time to shout out Night Prayer(because it's one old habbit of mine(don't know since when I am following without any fruitFULL outcome :)).
I remember the time when I was in primary standard in school, where apart from some 6 subjects, we were taught to PRAY :). "Ask and you shall Receive" says Bible and we had been trained well in art of 'asking'. Not just that, we were also taught to do small acts of kindness, to be generous and cultivate virtues and values. We were said that, some guardians angels are watching us day and night constantly.
So, in this way I started PRAYING. I guess most of you also started in same way. Right ?? Difference may come in that, who taught you (In school or in home). And I remember what my prayers were like, at that time. In school I and my other friends used to pray regularly for a variety of favours (you know ?? we used to discuss the prayers in class that what we asked today ?? :) ). There was one girl(actually there were many :) but I used to talk to that very particular girl only) and I still remember that what her prayers were like ( appeals for a bright, sunny morning on sports day, for flowers to bloom in school garden in time, for puppies on the way to school to be safe and healthy (how innocent those days were :)) . And exactly 180 degrees opposite to it my prayers used to had like "Please God give measles to Kiran Mam (for this kind of prayers I used to squeeze my eyes shut :) )... as she gave me a zero in Social Science especially on the ass so that, she couldn't sit much in class and torture us.. Please God Please......". But Kiran Mam looked none the worse than she was, in fact, she seemed to appear even better with each passing day. I felt like my prayers went unanswered :( .. But I didn't give up praying, however. when I was in class 6th or 7th. I remember that, in Prayer assembly some girls fainting down on sunny days and then teachers, staffs rushing to give them some Active juice and supporting them to move to classroom(For this I used to think as, nice way to escape from boring assembly). I used to observe them carefully and thinking( more like praying) " Though girls in assembly keep dropping around me like nine pins. I feel so jealous of them GOD, especially when they are fussed over and given a glass of yummy orange juice. Can't you let me have blackout too, just once ??". But no!!! HE never heard my Prayers yaar... :( (I think HE moreover decided to ignore my pleas ).
I still remember one of my friend fractured a bone in his elbow. His hand was in cast of Plaster of Paris and he turned in a hero of class overnight :). My classmates rallied around him to touch the cast and write "get well soon" and other encouraging messages on white plaster. His friend list grown in a week like anything. Girls of my class started talking to him affectionately (sob sob :( ) and feeding him their lunch box(with their hands...what the f**k man ??? Girls are really stupid... How many boys agree with me ??? YES, all of you :) That's great :) ..). He became most happening guy of the class overday. Seeing all these I was consumed by envy and again started pleading to GOD "Can't you do anything like that with me also ? I also want to feel important. It's not fair GOD. I want a fracture NOWWW...Perhaps you can break my hand... Wait wait wait.. then how I will play marbles ?? Okay my foot, but not the right one.. Please. "(so silly and stupid I was :) ). But I had no such luck. All my pleas seem to have fallen on GOD's deaf ears. "Why HE never listens me ??" that was my question for all anguish. May be he doesn't exist at all. I tried my best. I slid down the stairs sidewalls very fastly backward and forward also :). I raced up and down the staircase three steps at a time and then four and sometime even jumped off the swing with the gleam of hope that, I would get atleast sprain on my ankle (not Right ankle :) ). But he never listened me.. not only this.. what I fetched in return??
  • my unscathed body.
  • a call from Principal of the school(I was harrassed that I will not be allowed to attend 5 games period because I am too wild to play with others and mischievous also :( ).
Now, much later, when life had moved me beyond childish dreams and demands. When I have grown up to adulthood having weathered many challenges in life. I faced many deep down moments and ecstatic moments too.
Now I think that, I learnt the true meaning of Prayers that go unanswered. And, that when HE leaves some prayers unanswered, it is HIS way of showing us that, what is good and what is bad for us. HE does answer every single prayer but in HIS own time and sometimes, when a prayer goes unanswered, that is the ANSWER.
Well guys much of philosphy for now :). I am very normal guy and have only prayer to god tonight that, "I have few dreams in life some for me, some for others and some for someone very special. Please answer these all prayers positively and as soon as possible. (Quick response will be appreciated :) :) )".. GOD, I am so greeeedddyyyy.. :);) :) ;) hahahahhahaahahaha ...

One thing. if you think that this blog is nice enough. Pls do comment it, I want counter of feedbacks.. Pls. then only I will think of writing something else...

Ohhh Man!!! it's 2:10AM.. it's time to hit bed now.. sorry bedding without bed :) :)

Please Like/Share if you find it intresting !

12 comments:

  1. welcome to the blogger world.. its a good start... the blog is interesting with decent humor.. few pointers - blog shudnt be very big.. secondly if u start writing about wat happened to u durin childhood or some personal anecdote.. eventually u ll run out of those.. so also consider blogging on fiction/facts around u...
    lookin forward to see more blog posts from u.. keep it up! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sao, it was a very nice read. Keep it going. You may need some help on the grammar,a lil bit, but this was a very good post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the creativity and fresness of the post.....but it has some grammatical errors....and at times too long..posts should ideally be smaller than this...or just start tweeting:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo....my dear sao chap...bravo....:)....Indeed, you are a normal guy but not your thinking...Believe me, try yourself in marketing...you will rule the world...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the creativity and the freshness...but at times it becomes too philosophical....and there are a few grammatical errors

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments buddies :)
    ya sure, I will rectify and correct mistakes for sure in future..
    That's why I am here :)
    Thanks Again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. huh!!! sao...gud attempt...
    on first impression i thought it wud be another google copy paste stuff which u usually follow to update ur status..(don mind..i like ur status..es)..
    bt bingo...dis is no less than a nice attempt......
    u got one follower..take my name

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude .. God aint listening , nor was she/he ever to say the least.. God's an illusion or better still a dillusion ... the whole concept of bending down on your kness and conjuring favours from a supposedly omnipotent entity is wierd to say the least.. and then the whole dogma of whether you are praying to the correct God in the correct format etc etc...
    so next time you want something work towards it.. dont ridicule human intellect by bending the kness to thin air....

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good to pray, to have faith. But for a moment, close your eyes and imagine that there was no god. That you were utterly alone in this world. The consequences of your action both good and bad were not determined by some divine and just entity. Everything is just pure chance and how you play your cards. Won't that make you more aware of your surroundings. More willing to take life as it is and enjoy life more.

    And what's with the 'i am normal cool guy'? I like the philosopher and poet Sao better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep it up Sao! And yeah, do give a thought to what Shubhodeep has mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Subhodeep(Kolor):
    ya, you are true.. But belief in God gives us courage and power..
    Think that how lonely people would find themselves if there is no concept of God at all...
    Concept of omnipotent,omniscient gives us courage to confess, mental peace, reason for self analysis and self assessment..
    This is life, and not a Gladitor's arena such that, you have to fight alone and walk alone.. Here we needs someone to hear our anguish, share secrets, confessing mistake and to give invisible power to start all over again after mistakes..
    If some people pray to God just for nasty favours and lame excuses then it's waste to belive in God and kneeing down..

    That's what I belive Dude.. Belief may vary from person to person.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let me tell you a small story.

    There was this guy called Thomas Aquinas(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Aquinas)
    He was a christian philospher from a long time ago. He came up with all these brilliant theories and stories to ensure that Christianity did not have any logical gaps i.e. no one could use logic to refute christianity. however he soon found that this was pretty hard and there were some things that he could not explain.

    So after many years, he came up with a solution and became famous. His solution was that to believe in god you need to have faith. You cannot be a true christian faith unless you faith, thus explaining away any logical fallacies that christianity had.

    Your blog post talks about the same idea. To have faith against all odds . Now you can choose to have faith in god or faith in yourself against all odds. faith in god is easier. :)

    ReplyDelete